This will be a short blog post, which is extremely appropriate considering what this breakout session was about. In a 15 minute bold talk, I learned A Story about the End of Storytelling by David Berkowitz. Keep reading to learn why David is convinced storytelling is dead.
- Storytellers never relinquish control over a story. As Inbound Marketers, we need to move away from stories and toward relationships.
- The best way to combat storytelling is to focus on relationships.
- How do we do this? Social Media
- No matter the brand, relationships and social media is the answer, not storytelling.
- Take an interest in your customer’s lives. Make you brand more personal.
- Turn away from storytelling and shift to story making.
- Make stories with your customers, don’t bore them with your stories.
- These are the stories your customer will remember and want to share.
Do you have a good relationship with your customers? How? Tell me in the comments.